All of our jewelry is designed and hand assembled using Brass & Cubic zirconia and plated with gold, rhodium or rose gold. Customers are suggested to wear and car for your jewelry in the same manner that you would with fine jewelry. The following are our suggestions on how to care for your xojulez jewelry.
- What is Brass
- Brass is a copper and zinc alloy that results in a gold color. The benefit’s of working with brass is the ability to create delicate look of real or fine jewelry styles currently only available when using precious metals.
- What is Cubic Zirconia
- Cubic zirconia (also known as CZ) is a synthetic crystalline substance used as an alternative to diamonds. The synthetic material is colorless, hard, and flawless. Its popularity stems from its similarity to diamonds in brilliance and crystal clarity while still being affordable.
Cleaning and Care Guide
- Will brass jewelry tarnish?
- We expertly coat our jewelry with Rhodium prior to applying plated colors as protective barrier. Even though our brass-plated jewelry does tarnish.
- What will make brass jewelry tarnish?
- Common chemicals in perfume, hair spray, soap, and lotion will make rhodium tarnish permanently. Stay away from chlorine and other bleaches, including swimming pools. Rhodium-plated jewelry will turn quickly if it meets those chemical substances.
- How should I clean and take care of my jewelry?
- You can use a soft, 100% cotton cloth. It is recommended that you have one cleaning cloth for gold and a separate one for silver and rose gold. DO NOT use silver liquid cleaner to clean our jewelry. It is too harsh and can dull or harm the existing plating.
- How should I clean my CZ stones?
- Although our cubic zirconia stones are high quality, the nature of the stones can result in them appearing dull over time due to the buildup of lotions and other oils from the skin. Easily clean, the stones by soaking the jewelry in a small bowl of warm water that is mixed with dish detergent; you can also gently brush the stones with a soft bristle toothbrush.
- How should I store my jewelry?
- To keep tarnishing to a minimum, it is strongly advised that you store your brass/cz xojulez jewelry in a dry and airtight area, such as a jewelry box or zip-lock bag. Keep your jewelry pieces from rubbing against other items.